Good basic + Annual Bonus + generous benefits package
An exciting opportunity within a fast paced and growing professional services company. If you have excellent written communication skills, with bid writing experience, and would like to join a friendly and supportive team and grow your career, this would be a great role for you!
Helyx is a specialist provider of Geospatial, Information Management and Information Exploitation solutions and services. Our services include specialist technical support, IT service management and delivery, data and technical consultancy, and specialist training, and we are at the forefront of several high-profile and exciting innovative research and development programmes.
We are based in Twyning, Gloucestershire, and support a wide range of customers across the UK, working on customer sites, from their offices, and from home. Our main customers are the UK Ministry of Defence and other Agencies, and we also support our sister company, Esri UK across a range of markets.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a Bid Writer to support our business development team and project managers. The role is primarily focused on the preparation of high-quality proposals for public sector bids.
- Coordinating the bid process, and scheduling proposal reviews
- Supporting proposal preparation and the submission of public sector bids
- Generating quality written content for tender requests, in collaboration with project managers and technical consultants
- Editing content generated by subject matter experts to support the proposal development process
- Re-working existing material where appropriate and undertaking proofreading to ensure delivery of a professional draft
The written content produced will also be used to support case studies of business projects and programmes, to support marketing initiatives, and there is an opportunity to help prepare material for and to manage the business web site and social media feeds.
This would be an ideal role if you are:
- Passionate about attention to detail, with excellent written skills
- Organised, with good time management skills
- A good communicator
- Inquisitive and keen to learn
- Creative and innovative
- A desire to succeed
- Independent and able to use your own initiative
- Good with IT – you will need to be able to master Microsoft Office and its key applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Planner, etc.
- A British Citizen, with the willingness and ability to be security cleared
Why join us?
This is an opportunity to work with and learn from an established and successful team, with exposure to a broad range of business development activities. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to develop your organisational, bid, and management skills. In addition, we offer:
An excellent salary, with a generous bonus scheme
Pension, healthcare scheme and life cover
5-days’ professional training development per year
- Birthday present, the chance to mix with great colleagues, plus a lovely rural setting!
Please apply online via our website, including your CV and a cover letter.
Closing date for applications is 31 Jan 22. NO AGENCIES
Helyx is an equal opportunities employer.